We all affect the people around us in one way or another. This happens physically and subconsciously through our thoughts, feelings, actions, and body language. People sense our energy, are affected by it, absorb it from you, and vice versa.
Positive thoughts are the most important medicine one can take. Positive thoughts, words and attitudes bring out positive and happy moods and actions. When the mind is in a positive state, euphoric, creative, and loving chemicals are released into the blood creating more happiness and positivity. This is the way of achievement, peace of mind and happiness.
Negative thoughts, words and attitudes, on the other hand, bring out negative and depressing moods and actions. When the mind is negative, poisonous emotional chemicals are released into the blood, which cause more unhappiness and negativity. This is the way to failure, frustration and disappointment.
One’s attitude and thought patterns don’t change overnight, some inner work is needed in order to turn the mind toward the positive. The power of thoughts is a universal power that is always shaping our lives. This shaping is usually done on the subconsciously level, but it is possible to make the process a conscious one. Practices you can adopt to facilitate a positive state of mind are:
- read, think, or meditate about things that make you feel genuinely good, think about times in your life that were great and how those times made you feel
- persuade yourself to persevere and continue to think, read, listen to, or watch positive messages for at least 30 minutes throughout the day
- ignore what other people might say or think about you when they discover that you are changing the way you think
- use imagination to visualize only favorable and beneficial situations
- smile, even if you’re not happy – by smiling long enough, your brain will release a combination of “happy” chemicals educing a state of calmness and euphoria
- once a negative thought enters your mind, you have to be aware of it, and endeavor to replace it with a constructive one – the negative thought will try again to enter your mind, and then, you have to replace it again with a positive one
At any given moment, there will be things that are desirable to focus on and things that are less enjoyable to focus on. We must choose to focus on thatwhich promotes joy. Think of it like there are two pictures in front of you, and you can to choose to look at one of them, and disregard the other. Persistence will eventually teach your mind to think positively, and to ignore negative thoughts. In case you feel inner resistance and difficulties when replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, do not give up, but keep looking only at the beneficial, good and happy thoughts in your mind. It doesn’t matter what your circumstances are at the present moment. Think positively, expect only favorable results and situations, and circumstances will change accordingly. You can transform the way your mind thinks the thoughts it creates. It will take some time for the changes to take place, but with focus and determination, they will.
But… you have to choose to.